Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2015, 09:35 AM   #1
Bernd & Susan

Question Front Jacks stopped working

I need help with my front leveling jacks, which stopped working. Slides work, rear jacks work, reservoir has plenty of fluid, motor runs while pushing front-jack button, but front jacks stopped while retracting. Jack on pump side is almost up, the other is only half-way up. Called Lippert and was told to open valve on top of leading leg and then use manual retraction method. However, on my 2007 Mobile Suites 36SB3, the position of the reservoir tank prevents the use of a 5/32 Allen wrench to open the valve, and the motor faces the wall to the generator, with only about a 1/4 inch of space, thus not allowing to attach anything. I'm in the Austin, Tx, area, and first mobile mechanic couldn't help. Two others either don't work on hydraulics or are hesitant to do so. I was able to unhook the truck and I'm in a place where I can park for a good 4 weeks, so there's no emergency. Has anybody had a similar problem or can somebody suggest what to do? I'm a novice (in fact, this is my first outing with the 5th wheel), but I'm willing to learn. Any help or suggestion is appreciated.
Bernd & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
front jacks, hydraulic system