Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
frostth

Power Awning

I have, I think the older version of the power awning and am concerned about it retracting under high wind conditions. I have never seen it do this automatically under what I thought were windy conditions. I have read all the other posts on this subject and didn't see any specific detail on how to set the wind sensor.
In looking at my control box in my basement there is a circuit board with no settings other than a dip switch with about 5 or 6 positions with the ability to set them either up or down.
Is this where the sensitivity is set for the wind sensor? If so, does anyone have the detail on how these switches should be set? Also, I have two connectors at the control box that are not connected to anything. Is this possibly for a more intelligent controller?
My awning operates fine manually and it appears the wind sensor is connected properly because if you disconnect the wire the control box starts beeping.
Any help on details would be appreciated.

frostth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
RonS

My awning is too sensitive if a car drives by it rolls up. I called the 800 number on the control box and they talked me thru the dip switch settings and I set it to the higest setting. It was still to sensitive, so I just leave it turned off, and when we leave the site we roll it up. Another reason why I always leave it turned off was because it would roll up when raining. We had friends over and it started softly raining no wind, we were sitting under awning and it rolled up we all got an unexpected shower. Did I say we always now have it turned off.

06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Motor31

The awning and wind sensor idea was another great idea that was better in the lab than the real world. Somehow in execution it lacks the ability to remain fully functional. We use ours as a simple powered awning. It used to wind up when it got over 90 degrees outside and no wind. Same for rain then variable light winds. After fussing with it we deactivated the wind sensor.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
jcasey

Power Awning

I passed your emails regarding the power awning questions to Kent at Mobile Suites. Here is what he said:

The switches he is talking about do set the wind speed at which the awning
should retract, he can contact me and I can fax him the settings.

Kent Mickem
Customer Service & Warranty
(260)562-1075 ext. 3305
fax: (260)562-1078
kentm@ligtel.com
2011 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke F350 Super Cab, AT, DRW, Lariat. with Ride-Rite Firestone Air Bags. Used to tow 2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5568, which is equipped with Center Point Suspension, Trailair Hitch, Level-Up, dual pane windows, Satellite Finder, 17.5 Tires, Dual Air, Valley/Husky 24,000 5th wheel hitch.
jcasey is offline   Reply With Quote