Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
Okie

Refrigerator leak

I am in Tuson for another day then off to Mesa. I went by to visit with JD Wilson in Benson while I was here and have to say that anyone who visits the Tuson area "needs" to check with John first. There is nothing there but First Class, rear to find in Tuson. Now to the point!
I am suffering from a leak under my refer. I found that turning off the ice maker by lifting the shutoff wire on the maker itself stops the problem. I don't turn off the water supply to the maker. The inside of the freezer stays dry when I have the leak, as does the inside of the refer. Itseems to be coming from under the refer. I have checked the connections outside going into the back, all good. Again with the Ice maker off, no problem. With the ice maker on, a puddle on the floor and the water is always on in both cases. Any ideas???

Okie

Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #2
47hook

Maybe...before our MS we had a 2004 Alfa Ideal with 2 6cu ft (IIRC) Dometic units with one having an ice maker. From day one I fought a leak associated with the ice maker, sometimes worse than others. I checked everything I could see. To make long story short, when I got the recall notice of the unit running too hot I started to peal back the black plastic tube that the water line to the ice maker, along with one or two wires ran in, all the way up to the top of the unit where it goes into the ice maker. This is the non-pressureized line off the electrical solenoid that opens when the ice maker demands water; which is why most of the times the leak is intermittent, depending on ice usage. I know, come to the point...the clear plastic flex water line had been over heated and was just cracked everywhere. The only thing carrying the water was that black plastic protective tube. All the way to the top. When I traded my Alfa for our MS I told the dealer about it and that it needed that recall fix. Don't know what they did.

Anyway, might want to check that out. Also, was hoping to meet/visit with JD this winter/spring but stuff happens and it will have to wait till next year. Hope this helps...Gordon.

2013 MS 38RESB3 #6393, modified with ES stuff & Garnet Paint

"The older I get, the better I was!"
47hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
Okie

I'm a little slow on the rebound. Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought of the selinoid, that is the missing link.

Okie
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote