Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
oldSalt

Leak behind shower

Have had a minor intermittent leak and finally managed to trace it through the pantry access to the back of the shower. The cold and hot water lines and connections are okay; it's the 2 white pex lines with a black plastic thingamagig connecting them. The leak is coming from where the black thing attaches to the 90 degree fitting. It's a screw fitting and is leaking through the threads. I wrapped teflon tape around the threads and made sure all the fittings (2 screw clamps holding the 90 degree adapters and both plastic hand tighteners gthat come off the black plastic thing and attach to the 90 degree adapters), all to no avail. It leaks with the water turned off and on, but not when I shut it off at the city water pedestal. I have my pressure regulator set at 50 psi, so I'm sure it isn't due to high pressure.
It's not a major leak (maybe a pint a day), but it sure is irritating. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

2006 36TK3
oldSalt is offline   Reply With Quote