Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Haggis

Lippert Suspension

Lost all brake fluid from the right front caliper while travelling through Montana on route to Ontario. Managed to find a reputable trailer dealer named "Capital Trailer" in Helena to fix the problem. When the mechanic crawled under my unit he said the brake problem is not the only problem I had; there was a more serious problem with the suspension. The front axel was ready to drop off the frame. The inner part of the left hanger had broken and the right outer part of the right hanger had a fracture crack. If the brake fluid leak had not got my attension and the axel had dropped off, I could have been just another wreck on the highway.
The owner of Capital Trailer instructed the mechanic to drop what he was working on and get my unit into the shop and get me back on the road ASAP. More support was welded onto the hangers and a 2x4 steel tube was welded across from one front hanger to the other. An alignment was done and I was on my way four hours after the job was done.

If anyone has mechanical problems with their unit I "HIGHLY" recommend Capital Trailer to do work on your unit. The company is family owned and feel the customer is always our first priority.

Jake Schmeltzer
Capital Trailer & Equipment 403 422 1225
1941 N. Last Chanch Gulch, Helena, Montana
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote