Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2005, 01:29 AM   #21
MDTdriver

Up date

Love my Verizon cell phone but, in Aug 05 I got a new cell phone free every 2 years (Motorola 710) and can not get on line with it tech says it should work but after 3 hr. with him on wife's phone with mine hooked to computer gave up.
In Nov. we got Direct Way internet with Bird on a Wire or Directv on the same dish. We love it.
Larry & Kathy

Fulltime June 2000 SK#82498
Our Home is Where we Park IT
International 4700 Low Profile 530 power:Full Air Ride
Prowler Regal AX6 :Trail Air pin box/spring over axle: Verizon internet: 2 Verizon cell phone
MDTdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #22
Hobo

Larry, we have the same Verizon 710 phone and have no problem getting n with the Mobile Office. back in Sept. I was on a road trip with out my home and used the Verizon phone from MI to AZ.
I did have to get new drivers for the 710 phone. It is good alternative for Direcway on the overnight stops.
E-mail me if I can be of assistance

Lemon Tree 04 MS 36TK3 #0886
Hughes Net
Fulltimer since 1999
Find me at https://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=2000
Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 06:19 PM   #23
The Mad Norsky

Internet Access

Just a teaser here to be honest, since I don't know much more either.

BUT---

there was a Direct TV commercial on this afternoon, and it does appear Direct TV is getting into Internet service also. Suppose its competition with DirectWay, so it may be fun to see how it works out.

For us consumers, may be OK as competition may make for better rates.
The Mad Norsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 06:46 PM   #24
Hobo

Re: Internet Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Norsky
there was a Direct TV commercial on this afternoon, and it does appear Direct TV is getting into Internet service also. Suppose its competition with DirectWay, so it may be fun to see how it works out.
Direct TV is (owns) Driecway. Data Storm is also Direcway thou a subcontractor selling their automated systen for clse to $5k
Driecway also has a new modem out, the DW7000 that will give you more speed for an additional $10 a month.

I get speeds up to 700 bks down with my DW6000 and see no resone to upgrade as that is better then sone DSL connections.

Verizons newer Nation Conection is also a lot faster then then the *777 or Quick Link 2 was. So far Verizon charges nothing more for the service other then your normal minut use.
Hughes Net
Fulltimer since 1999
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 PM   #25
The Mad Norsky

Internet Access

Thanks Rick.

A question though?

I've seen DirecWay advertise before, this was a Direct TV commercial. I wonder why they are doing this?
The Mad Norsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:10 PM   #26
Hobo

Re: Internet Access

They are 2 different services even thou you can add the TV LNB to the Dway dish t simplify set up you still get separate bills for TV and Internet.
If your around trees a lot my my wish to keep them on separate dishes to point each separately as they will go in a little different directions.
Hughes Net
Fulltimer since 1999
Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #27
destin100

Internet

I just switched to T Mobile kinda high speed card thats $49.00 per month unlimited.. This is the cheapest I have found.. Sprint was $79.00 per mont.
I like the service

Tomas
destin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #28
MarineChief

I know that it is kind of a late reply but figured that some input is better than none. Anyway I've been using Verizon wireless for about two years now. It was a good connection (using Siera Wireless Aircard) for anything I had to do on the net but didn't have the blinding fast speeds of hard wiring. Recently I upgraded to an Audoivox PC7520 card with Verizon's Nationwide Broadband access. This seems to be about five times faster than what I previously had and costs $20/month cheaper than before (paying 60/month now). Thebig reason I went with the wireless card was the overall access available. The only trouble (to date) was in the Black Hills of SD where I needed to go the the Crazy Horse parking lot to get high enough to use the phone OR computer. We find that we "camp" in wooded area frequently (campground hosting for USACE) and a satelite service (no matter whose system) simply would not cut through the clutter of the trees. SO... long story made shorter - the laptop aircard has been a better choice for us.
Dave & Jan
MarineChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #29
Dog Woman

We haven't retired yet, but soon. We have full-timing friends that also use DirecWay & are very happy w-this service. Saw a RV show where product supplier mentioned "internet in motion" technology where you can be driving down the road & using your laptop. Technology sounds interesting, particularly if you are searching for RV parks or other services while driving down the road. Haven't been able to find any information on this technology. Anybody heard of this?

2005 MS 31RS3 #1824
1996 F350 Heavy-Duty Diesel Crew Cab
Manual 5-speed, ZF5 transmission
AMSOIL synthetic oil products dealer
(ZO dealer#1079963)
Dog Woman is offline   Reply With Quote