Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
Gunship Guy

RV.net post bashing Doubletree

Just thought I'd mention that there's a post on rv.net entitled
"Doubletree Customer Contact Info- Please do not contact us"

The original poster is being critical of Doubletree for wanting customers to contact their local dealer with questions. Several people have jumped on the bandwagon bashing Doubletree. If you look at their signatures you can see that they do not own a DT product.

I usually respond to posts where people make statements of fact without knowing anything about the product and I've done so over on that "other" rv forum.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with the folks at Doubletree. Kent has responded to my calls and emails on every occasion and is an excellent representative of that company.

Gunship Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #2
shergry

Have to say I agree with you on DT. They even were so kind to recently send us a VacPan, that thing on the floor board that supposidly sucks up the dust you brush to it. It really is a wast of time, broken within 3 hours of ownership (the owner stepped on it ). Now they did not have to replace this item, like the cover for a light that the owner once again did a boo boo. They have not LOL at this owner (been fultiming 10 years and still learning).
Has Excel for 10 years, feel like a kindergartner again, with DT learning all new again .
Also, you guys and gals on this site are GREAT!!! Love reading all your blogs, keep up the good humor!

Gary and Sheryl

MS 36SB3 2007 #3565
shergry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
bstark

That thread has turned itself inside out with the original poster clarifying his position as being "negative" to the Doubletree portion of their website that encourages perusers to utilize the "Dealer Locater" option to gain further knowledge of product (Pricing etc..) but then states his satisfaction with actually having the ability to talk to a distict rep and gain answers to all of his queries.

Further into the thread; up pops Luke Porter who claims that all Mobile Suite owners are unable to stifle themselves when reading about their product and are unique in that they feel the need to respond more than owners of other brands to perceived attacks on brand.

THEN: up pops another poster (non Doubletree owner) who has researched this gentleman's (Luke Porter) past history of posting and provides post links to his previous comments with the admonishment that he (Luke again) seems to get his jollies by bashing other's trailer manufacturer's and it may be linked to his having been admonished for towing his weighty Newmar MountainAir with a pick-up rated for 13,000lbs. One can only surmise that perhaps he bristled at the response from someone who owned a Doubletree product and was towing same with a larger truck? Oh well, suck-it-up Luke, and move on!

Man; this stuff can sure burn up daylight entertaining one!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #4
Gunship Guy

I think the original poster changed his stance once he saw the direction the post was going. I guess he didn't anticipate Mobile Suites owners stepping up to set the record straight.

Sometimes you can do nothing more than laugh when people rally around a poster who states incorrect info and try to support it with absolutely no knowledge of the product they're criticizing. People respond with emotions instead of actual facts.

I've seen Luke Porter's posts pop up around rv.net and they usually make no sense at all and come across as just trying to start an argument. I often wonder which of his many different personalities are posting. The guy has some serious issues.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
dz06

Gunship Guy:

I'm the original poster. I did not back down because of pressure from anyone. I did decide that too many people were taking my post as an attack on Doubletree and requested moderator remove post. I still don't like it when web sites make it difficult to contact manufacturer. My not so local stealer would not even return my call to provide a quote for Mobile Suites 36TK3.

I did however place an order for a Mobile Suites 36TK3 with a dealer in Indiana. Expect to pick up the unit in Indiana 2-3rd week of June on my way to Boston, Ma to attend a wedding.

Purchased last week a F450 6.4L Diesel Crew Cab DRW Styleside Pickup to pull Mobile Suites unit. Will use 5th Airborne pin box and Resse 24k Signature Hitch with Hidden Hitch Rails for tow package.

Would have replied sooner, but have had problems registering on forum.
dz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 AM   #6
sigo'suite

Welcome to the forum dizzy, and also welcome to the MS family.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours for almost two years now. Live in it full-time and love it.

We too, pull with a Ford (the 6.0), which seems to have more than ample power for towing; am fixing to change the integral brake controller out for a "BrakeSmart" controller. You might want to keep an eye on this issue if you have the integral controller which comes with the Tow Package. It may leave you less than satisfied with braking in a panic stop!!

Another thing which we have just started doing is to shift the transmission like a manual so that you start in 1st gear and shift up as you desire. We were told by a fella who is in the truck performance business and tows a horse trailer/living quarters combination which weighs in the 23,000# range with an F-350. We have noticed on occasion some shutter when pulling off while in Drive gear and this has stopped that as well as getting us off from the go much quicker. Typically I up-shift at about 3000 RPM.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread, just got goin and couldn't quit. Thought some of this might be of interest to Ford owners.
sigo'suite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
Gunship Guy

dz06,
Just read your reply and appreciate your level-headed response.

Your rv.net post was hijacked by others who know nothing about Mobile Suites but find an odd joy in bashing the product. I chalk it up to trailer envy.

We, too, could not get adequate info from the local MS dealer in Pensacola. They had just picked up the MS line at the time and were totally unprepared for real Doubletree customers with legitimate questions. One salesman promised to get back to me with pricing info. After two weeks I gave up on him and contacted a respected dealer in Indiana. We did all negotiating over the phone and via email. We have no regrets having to travel from FL to IN to buy a trailer. Our MS has been a complete joy to own.

Unfortunately, we are getting out of rv'ing due to job demands and no time to family camp. Someone has already put a deposit on our truck and trailer. I know they'll enjoy the combo as much as we have.

I wish you the best of luck and happy camping with your new trailer. And with your new Ford as well! I just bought a Ford truck (F-150) for my son who will soon turn 16 and get his license. He wanted a Mustang (God help me!) but I said it was going to be a truck or nothing. My wife and I felt he'd be more safe in a truck, plus he'll need something to haul his dirt bikes to the track.

Welcome to the MS family.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
bstark

dz06:

Congrats on your joining the ranks of the Doubletree owners. It is my heartfelt wish that you enjoy your combination with minimal complication.

Look forward to seeing you on the road.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:51 PM   #9
dz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunship Guy
dz06,
Just read your reply and appreciate your level-headed response.

Your rv.net post was hijacked by others who know nothing about Mobile Suites but find an odd joy in bashing the product. I chalk it up to trailer envy.

Unfortunately, we are getting out of rv'ing due to job demands and no time to family camp. Someone has already put a deposit on our truck and trailer. I know they'll enjoy the combo as much as we have.

Welcome to the MS family.
Sorry to hear youre leaving. Thanks for the welcome.

dz06 is offline   Reply With Quote