Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #21
Pat L.

Well back to the original question: The Montana's are great units for what they are. Probably the best buy on the market for the money. I had a '05 3475 that we bought new and never had any problems. I stayed up on maintenance and pulled it some 35 to 40k before we traded it in on a new '10 36TKSB4. We took delivery in January and have not been able to use as the snowbirds have all of the CG's filled up here in SW Fl. until April 1st. I have had some bad issues with it and have not been able to get them resolved as of yet.
After reading many different Forums I am starting to feel like we made a bad mistake. We were lied to by the dealer on a half a dozen issues that will come back to bite them in the butt. All I see on the Forums is about bad engineering, bad brake issues, bad frame issues, bad insulated window issues and on and on. Most of the working components in most RV's are the same. ie: water heaters, AC's, refrigerators and etc.
The good part I have found with the Drv is it is a pleasure to pull and the added insulation is a big plus. My wife complained in Montana that she felt cold and in the Mobil Suites she gets hot. A very big plus. The side bath is nice but we had more storage in the Montana in the kitchen. The large closet just inside the door was great for storage as we did not have the washer and dryer.
I was needing to replace the check valve for the city water inlet and the black tank flush quit working. But all in all the Montana was a great unit.
I hope that the factory will get my issues resolved in a timely manner and I won't have to take it to Indiana.
The Mobil Suites are heaver so plan on beefing up your truck for the added weight. I will be adding Air Life kit to my '05 F350 CC KR as well as a 20K hitch. I hope that once we start using our unit we will love as much as we did the Montana. You have the coach that we were looking at to replace our other one.
If you want to direct e-mail me: plaurendine@yahoo.com.
Good luck and hope to hear from you.
Pat L. is offline   Reply With Quote