Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
crunch1

Sleep Number mattress

Is anyone using the Select Comfort mattress at home or in the rv? If so what model do you have and what are the pro's and con's?
We are thinking about buying one but can't totally decide just yet based on lack of user info.
Thanks and have a great day,
crunch1

Old 11-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Motor31

You might want to check this thread and see if it answers your question. It's an old thread but had several posts about it.

http://www.5thwheelforums.com/forums...light=mattress

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Jim Keefer

We purchased the Sleep Number Bed by select Comfort RV edition - King 72" X 80' online at Camping World.. We left the springs and adjustable head board intact.. We had a 2" memory foam for the previous mattress and covered the springs with it.. The Select Comfort is about 2" longer than the MS platform and we have no need to let any air out for the bedroom slide to come in. This is one of the best investments we have made.. The link at Camping World is as follows:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...72-x-80-/31791

Jim
2005 CK3 #1631
2004.5 Dodge Cummins
Quad, Laramie Pkg.
BD Exhaust Brake
S.O.I.T.C. Western Division
Jim Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
RexMel

We have Select Comfort King Mattress both at home and in RV. We have had one in home for over 12 years and "LOVE IT!' My wife is a #35 setting and I prefer #65. She likes soft and I like firm setting. I am large....over 300 lbs and have back pain when I sleep on anything else. We purchased DT in April of this year and it had foam type mattress. After three nights on foam we decided that the RV Select Comfort was our next purchase. We got ours at Camping World as Jim posted in last reply. It is two inches or so shorter that one at home. Components seem to be the same...,air tubes, pump, hoses, etc. The one at home has single wireless remote control and the one in RV has two tethered remotes for right and left sides. (I have been thinking about switching them to see how remote would work in RV.) Best sleep that I have had in years has been in DT RV on Rainy night on Select Comfort. Rex
2006 MS 38RL3 #2873
2006 Ford King Ranch F350 Crew Cab Dually
RexMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
RonS

I assume the pump is under the bed box, but where is it plugged in? And I also assume holes are drilled into the plywood under the air mattress for the various hoses/controlls. Is this corrrect?? And where does the pump get electricity from?? THANKS!!
06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
RexMel

My wife & I installed mattress in unit. Mattress is installed with hose connection at head of bed. Our unit has hydraulic lift head of bed. Mattress pump was placed near this system with hoses coiled under head of bed to allow lift. My wife was able to crawl under to place pump, hoses, & wiring in this area. Power comes from 110 outlet next to closet door. I drilled small hole in plywood base on closet side of bed to run power cord. Hole was placed six to eight inches above floor (under bed skirt) to allow cord clearance when bed slide is moved in & out. Rounded corner of bed frame allows space to run control wires with units mounted on wall with velcro beside windows on each side of bed. They are under curtains and totally "out of sight."

We used heavy duty Duct Tape on Frame corners and spring hook areas to protect from possible puncture problems. REX
2006 MS 38RL3 #2873
2006 Ford King Ranch F350 Crew Cab Dually
RexMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #7
nelsonraymond

Send a message via AIM to nelsonraymond
sleep number

Hi
We too purchased the King size Rv from Camping World as it is the right size with out any modification or tight fits. We took out the metal spring frame prior to lighten up things and keep the old matress fom sagging. We found once we did that we were really uncomfortable with the current mattress on the plywood. That's when we decided to purchase the sleep number and its the best mattress we have ever purchased because you can change the settings. I have had 4 back operations and my husband has some hip problems, the sleep number has helped alot with giving us a good nights sleep.
We notched out a hole in two places at the top of the plywood for the tubes to come through to each matress and drilled a hole for the electrical
cord to go through the side of the base of the bed on the closet side to plug into the outlet. The motor is under the top of the bed towards the closet side. Wouldn't be with out now!
Janice
nelsonraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
RonS

Any problems with making the bed with the hoses etc. With our present King size mattress we must slide the mattress back to put on the fitted sheet. Can the sleep number be slid back with all the hoses??
06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #9
nelsonraymond

Send a message via AIM to nelsonraymond
sleep number bed

Ron
We have enough slack in the hose to allow us to pull the mattress back or even lift up the corner and remember the mattress is alot lighter than the old mattress.
Janice

nelsonraymond is offline   Reply With Quote