Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
morscuba

New unit and Doubltree

This is the first chance I’ve had to sit down at the computer since about the 3rd of November. Picked up my 2008 MS TK3 from Liberty RV and made a very hard 1700 mile trip. I COULDN’T BE HAPPIER. It’s obvious that the guys and the gals took a lot of pride in putting the unit together. I’ve been pulling a 40 ft Alfa Toyhouse around the last three years and thought it was a good towing trailer. The Suite is heavier but tows like a dream. I pulled it with a 2004 Dodge 3500. I was averaging 9.8 to 10.1 with the Alfa, and on my hilliest part with the MS I was doing 10.8, and 11.3 on the flats. I might add that I was also towing a 8ft MC trailer with a 02 Victory (645 lbs). The guys at the dealership didn’t have a whole lot to do on the PDI other than just make sure everything worked. Have had a couple of very minor issues that I can’t put back on Doubletree. One with the fridge and one with the inverter. I can’t say dealing with xantrax was a lot of fun. The little dude in India was not real helpful, more frustrating than anything. The worst thing that I had to deal with was every time I stopped or fuel was having to stand there telling all the folks about the MS. And now that I’m set up and running having all the neighbors coming over wanting to look inside or ask questions while I’m trying to get stuff done.
Have had to occasion to talk with Tom, Kent and Trevor several times on questions about the unit,, can’t say enough good things about those guys,, very helpful. Tom was ready to do whatever it took to get the inverter thing taken care of but it was just easier to go straight to xantrax, it turned out to be a lose wire behind the phoneline to the control box in the main unit. Pat Murphy is another great guy to work with as is Kyle in the sales dept. Two of my manuals got misplaced or lost whatever and Kyle got me both. They were waiting for me when I got the mail. In other words am I a proud owner of a Mobile Suite ???? YEP!!! Would I recommend someone in the market to get a DoubleTree???
HECK YES!!!!.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #2
bstark

Morscuba: Great stuff to read, positive feedback is so much more fun to read. Congrats on the unit and don't be afraid to post if you should need some info with a problem either.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
Haggis

New unit at Doubletree

Great to hear such good comments on your purchase.

I have always been treated well when getting work done at the factory, great bunch of guys.
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
sigo'suite

Great to hear Morscuba - E N J O Y !!
sigo'suite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
sigo'suite

Morscuba,

Great thread and great post.

Knew it would be a short one though, so many positive comments threw the grumps into overload!!
sigo'suite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #6
anijet

Re: New unit and Doubltree

Quote:
Originally Posted by morscuba
I COULDN’T BE HAPPIER............. In other words am I a proud owner of a Mobile Suite ???? YEP!!! Would I recommend someone in the market to get a DoubleTree???
HECK YES!!!!.
X2
anijet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #7
Gunship Guy

M'scuba,
Nice read. Your experience with MS mirrors my own. The people at Doubletree are a great bunch to work with. This is my 3rd trailer and the best I've owned. We've given numerous tours of our truck and trailer and I have steered several people toward MS who eventually purchased one. It's a product I believe in.
Gunship Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
SuiteWheels

Congrats on your new MS. Glad to hear your happy. We love ours also even tho had some frustrating moments getting a few things done but doesn't take away from the pride I feel in our new home on wheels!
SuiteWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:00 AM   #9
Jack in Alaska

I could not agree more. My MS is 4 yrs. old now, has 30k miles on it with a trip to Alaska and back and to Cancun and back. Everything still works well and i am on my original tires.
The few problems I have had were COMPLETELY taken care of by the folks at Doubletree and at my dealer in Everett, Wash.
I would definitely buy another one but it will be awhile as this one is just fine.

Start Out Each Day Real Easy.......Then Taper Off
Jack in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote