Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #1
Bernd & Susan

Bedroom Slide is tilted and stuck

I need help again, this time with the bedroom slide (2007 Mobil Suites, 36 SB3). We got ready this morning to finally hit the road for our maiden journey, when the bedroom slide jammed and couldn't be retracted. The problem appears to be that the entire slide is tilted on the top toward the nose of the 5th wheel, that is, the slide is stuck on the top left corner (when looking from the outside). I'm attaching 2 photos that show the gap between the slide and the frame on the top right corner (wide gap) and top left corner (zero gap). It turns out that the lower left corner of the slide is about 3/8 of an inch lower than the right corner. Has anybody tried to make adjustments of that kind to the slide, or is this really something only a professional can/should do? Mobile mechanics are pretty much booked out in my area (Austin, TX) right now, with waiting times in excess of 1 week.

Bernd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide Top Right.jpg (66.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Slide Top Left.jpg (119.7 KB, 16 views)
Bernd & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide adjustment, slide stuck, slide tilted