Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
Motor31

Slide roller - fine amish craftsmanship

Welp I finally got around to adjusting the slide roller assembly in the kitchen slide center half wall. Getting to it was as per the description that I had earlier on this form. Taking out the cabinet floor and backing so I could get to the roller. We pulled the slide in about 3 inches so the slide was not up against the wall on the outside. Nancy used a crow bar to lift the inside nose of the center wall at the rear of the cabinet. I then started to turn the bolt to slide the wedge that elevates the rollers. That's when I noticed a significant resistance. I cleaned up the crud around the threads and applied lube in case there was old lube hardened up. No help. More torque and the bolt head separated from the roller unit.

Now I have a roller assembly supporting a heavy structure with a broken bolt I cannot get out while in place. Fortunately there were only 6 screws holding the support roller unit to the floor. Three were right in front of me. I then looked in the pocket door area fully expecting to see no more of the unit but there was a part of it with 3 more screws. Once the screws were out Nancy again lifted the pocket area and I slid the unit out. The pix show what I found.

First pic shows the unit and broken bolt. The wedge is a threaded unit. The bolt is supposed to slide the wedge towards the rollers raising them. That is if the bolt is inserted the right way into the unit. In this case the fine amish craftsman put it in backwards. Tightening the bolt just kept the wedge going away from the rollers against the side of the unit. Turning it the other way just loosened the nut on the other end of the bolt leaving the wedge motionless.

The other pics just show how the unit operates.

We got the unit installed again rotated the other way. I decided to have the slide rest on the unused roller of the dual roller unit. We adjusted it higher about a 1/4" and tested the slide. The portion over the linoleum no longer contacts the floor but the other side is still riding on the carpet wearing it significantly. There is no roller support on that half of the wall unit. Brilliant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slide_ramp004_115.jpg (40.8 KB, 327 views)
File Type: jpg slide_ramp003_166.jpg (38.5 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg slide_ramp002_118.jpg (47.3 KB, 325 views)
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote