Thread: Houston Dealer
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Motor31

Houston Dealer

Has anyone had any experience with Lone Star RV in Houston? We may have to call them for service if lippert doesn't claim the problem.

We are stuck in Highlands TX. (Houston East suburb) with a hydraulics failure and possibly a slide that is jammed as well. The hydraulics has been spotty about retracting the main jacks with the motor definitely under load but no action on the jack. Extension is normal. If the motor "freewheeled" I'd figure it was just an air bubble but the motor is definitely under a heavy load just trying to retract the main jacks.

Today the jacks balked again and now the door side slide is locked open. The ram starts to move but it looks like the slide is hitting a hard block on retraction. The hydraulic motor is still under load so they might actually be the same problem with the lippert unit. I just don't like the movement with the slide ram in the trailer side. It has about a 1.5" up and down movement.

Right now I'm afraid to unhook the truck because if the hydraulics fail completely I won't be able to hook up again. Sigh.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote