View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 12:10 AM   #5
Lloydu

Jack
Aloha from a fellow islander. My DW and I have been RVing for approximately 5 years now. Started with a Winnebago 40' Vectra, then a 42' Monaco Camelot and finally a 2006 45' Newmar Essex which I love to drive. My wife has gotten tired of the long drives so we made the decision to sell the Essex and buy a 5er to leave in Soldotna, AK to use when we go salmon fishing in the summer.
We bought a 2014 Ram 3500 SLT 6.7 diesel 4x4 to haul a 5er to AK from Portland, OR (our Rv base). We currently have a deposit down to buy a 2008 38' DRV MSRL3 because I have read that they are built pretty tough to take the rough roads of BC and the Yukon Territories. BTW, we plan to leave the rig at our favorite fishing CG and sell the truck up there. Yes, we bought the truck only to haul it one way to AK. We've always bought used to avoid the deep depreciation normally experienced in the first couple of years after purchasing new. Good luck in your search but think about going with an older, quality unit rather than a cheaply made newer one that will probably not hold up as well. Lloyd (Honolulu)
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote