Thread: Just got one!
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
rd&gj

Pete & Deb ~ Greetings
Hope you had a great time on your Maiden Voyage. Love to hear how much you enjoyed the new Jazz and hopefully no problems. We haven't taken possession of our new trailer, but all is coming together and we're getting there.

Because you have the Pullrite Superglide, I was hoping I could get your opinion. Since we're having our hitch installed locally, we will need to take the plate that attaches to the kingpin to the dealer for installation. Are you familiar with the installation of this plate? Is it a difficult/easy procedure? We are chosing to just have it bolted at this point in time. The dealer is now saying there would be an additional charge for them to put the plate on the new trailer we are purchasing from them. I can't hardly believe it would be more than merely bolting it in place and in order for us to haul the trailer, we'd have to have this done (isn't that a given!) In my own mind, I would think it would have to have some 'torque' behind it, so obviously it wouldn't be secure enough for one to just 'bolt' it by hand. I'm frustrated with the threat of additional charges and think of it as a simple 5 or 10 minute procedure and a little juice from a power tool.

Appreciate if you could let me know if there is more involved than what I realize. We just don't want to get 'taken'.

Can't wait for this to all be over with and we're on the road. JW
Pullrite Super Glide - under mount, 16K; Prodigy
rd&gj is offline   Reply With Quote