View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #15
rotaxman

Wiring

USA
You are correct there is no power to the two sockets in the island. I found the feed wire between the floor and sub floor it was also dead. I will check on the rest of your idea about the continuity between the working and non working sockets. I suspect there will be none or the island would have power.

Thanks

Stacey,

Well your pretty lucky if you only have one junction box on your frame mine has 4 on the kitchen side of the frame and two more on the kitchen slide. I started to check those and only checked one on the frame and one on the slide and decided that I could not believe that there would be any connection between those boxes and the island. But then again we are talking about DRV. Being that my trailer was a quota trailer I wouldn't or shouldn't have ruled out anything. I will look into that also tomorrow.

Thanks

Gemstone,

I don't really think that they have any prints I think they are all wired as they go. When I took the factory tour after I ordered my 06 I asked about detailed prints for all major systems. Electric, plumbing, Hyd and propane and was told that they would not furnish those to customers as they didn't want to be liable if the consumer made a change to any of those systems and a problem came up later. I should of canceled the order right there on the spot. In my earlier post about Gentry from DRV calling me back this morning wanting to know more about my problem the question I asked was pretty straight forward where does the supply line for the kitchen Island tie into the supply? I suspect the engineers can't answer that question as they don't have a drawing for it. He said he would call me back but I got no call back today. Maybe tomorrow? These trailers are a complex piece of equipment and when you have a problem out in the middle of no where it would be nice to have a drawing to look at to give you some idea of where to start.

I know some people wouldn't know where to start and I think those people would look for a professional. I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box but I do know my way around mechanical stuff I ran a side line auto repair business for over 30 years and was a wrench at TWA for a couple of years also been RV'n for about 25 years. All that being said that and 75 cents well get ya a cup of coffee anywhere.

Thanks

Thanks to all you guys that responded I appreciate the help.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750