View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #9
USA in a Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor31
USA you might want to look back in the forum as far as the multiple problems with DRV and their previous name Mobile Suites. Several of us have gotten stuck with less than stellar examples of workmanship from them. There is a reason that this single section of this forum has more threads than the rest of the web site combined.

The trouble shooting bit was ok.

Rotax, checking the wires at the fixture might be a good first step. If they are still making contact but there is no current, look at the wiring at the point where it enters the breaker box to see if any backed out. If possible pull the breaker and check for power behind the breaker. If it is hot there the breaker is likely to be the issue.
I understand that there are problems with every brand. I have owned 3 fifth wheels each made by different companies. Each fifth wheel was purchased new. The first, a Prowler, was made by Fleetwood. The quality of workmanship was very poor & the company was not good at repairing problems with this unit. I only owned it for 6 months & traded it in on a Jayco Designer. I owned this fifth wheel for 5 years & put over 50,000 miles on it. It too, had some issues. The difference though, was that both the Dealer I bought it from & Jayco were very responsive in taking care of my problems. The last fifth wheel, a Select, was bought a year ago. I have put over 12,000 miles on this fifth wheel. It too, has had issues. I have found DRV very good in responding to these problems. In each case the problem was repaired & the company treated me very fairly. RV's have issues & some manufacturers put out very poor products made with very poor workmanship. However, I was surprised to hear the term "junky" used to describe this person's Mobile Suites. That is why I asked what made it junky. I am active on several forums & if you want to read about poor workmanship, indifferent manufacturers, & unresponsive dealers, check out some of the posts on RV.net. I also realize that there are some inferior DRV units out there. I would be very unhappy if I owned one. However, in my travels, most DRV owners I have encountered have been pretty happy with their fifth wheels. I'm sorry you have had issues & I hope you can get them corrected.