Thread: Drips
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler
Gordon, can the black box be removed or do you just slide it backwards down the drain pipe. And how did you get the rubber flex elbow over the pvc elbow? Did you have to slide it all the way from the sewer outlet (the place you connect the sewer hose to the dump)?
Yes the cover will move back. The cover is screwed in place and caulked with a sealer that really sticks well, so you will have to use either a knife or blade of some type to cut it loose. Once it is moved back, you will be able to see the valves and cables. You have to also loosen the main support to the dump line to allow the pipes to kind of drop down a bit for clearance.I had the gray tank clamp loosen and let a small drip happen. I removed the clamp and installed new /better ones and installed 2 of them. I also checked everything else I could see from there to be sure nothing else was loose. I then reinstalled the cover and reused the same caulking as it was still sticky and reusable. Fairly easy job and something you can do in less than a 1/2 hour.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote