View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #17
bstark

I just returned from a run down to Trailair to pick up an item I purchased from Dale and had a chance to view this new system being installed on a trailer in his shop.

It uses the current hydraulic system (preferrably the 2800psi later install) and has a remote about the size of a garage door opener that you can read while still in the truck after putting tailer on site but before unhooking. The remote wil indicate EXACTLY to the inch or less how much your trailer is off level from side to side and front to back. You then use those levelling legs to level the trailer from side to side then you perform your normal unhook maneouvers by lowering your front legs first, unhook the truck and then level front to rear and lower your rear stab's.

Dale indicates that without any unforeseen complications it would be a 4 hour install process.

As I was in a hurry to get over to the Doubletree factory before they closed for the day I didn't ask very detailed questions but as usual, Dale, and Ron were very informative and upbeat about this whole thing.

In short we will be getting it installed later this year on our run south for the winter.

Although not necessary for this installation, I will be modifying my dump valve sewer drain outlet forward to get it out from under that big slideout and give them more room for that kitchen side cylinder. I am doing this more for my convenience however, as I'm tired of racing my D/W to get the sewer hooked up before she can deploy that slideout. I do believe she runs in there, pushes that button and chuckles!