View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 09:05 PM   #9
clev

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
All you have to do is change the seals to accommodate the oil. No need to even clean the old grease out as it will dissolve naturally with the oil. I'm not actually sure I changed the seals, as there is no need to when going from oil to grease. Oil bath is a proven product for years in big trucks and trailers but for some reason they can't get the seals to work on these smaller axles. Walk around any truck stop and that's all you will see. That and the fact that none of the pros use tire pressure monitors. Good luck whmayhew. Clev=get off my thread.

Bill
You don't 'own' any thread, porkie, but if I had known you were involved, I would not have posted my question. Did you notice the time? When he posted Porkie, I didn't reply. BUT SINCE YOU DIDN’T THINK CLEARLY ABOUT POKING A SLEEPING BEAR AND BROUGHT IT UP: why are you working on wheel bearings? Are you an experienced, trained mechanic? Do you have 40 years of experience? Do you know that you are dangerous and can cause life threatening situations with your untrained modifications?

FWIW, I’ve waited all day, thinking that you might delete that last comment. I should have known better.
'17 36RSSB3///2012 F350 KR, LWB/SRW, Bilsteins, antisway bar, Bilstein steering stabilizer, Airlift air bags, wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, synthetic fluid, KEM, PIP, & Tyrant tunes w/SCR4 programming, Edge CTS gauge monitoring, G37 2017 turbo, ATS Stage I transmission.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote