View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 07:03 PM   #1
rorr1821

Gasoline generator install

I plan on installing an Onan gasoline generator on my new 5th wheel which will have the generator prep package. The Onan 7000 electronic fuel injection (EFI) model 7 HGJAA-97 is my first choice and the second choice is the 7 HGJAB-6756 carburetor evap model. Both models meet the new evap law for trailer installation. I will be using a gasoline tank made by ECI Fuel systems. Both the 5500 kw and 7000 kw have the same footprint and about the same weight so using the larger KW unit is a no brainer. The reason I do not want LPG is because the generator will empty a LPG tank in about 10-15 hours and the tanks are a pain to refill. A gasoline generator uses about ,7 gallons per hour at half load. The cost for the generator and hardware is about $5500 and I do the installation. The difference between the Evap and EFI model is the fuel pump cost of $300.

Has anyone installed or had installed a gasoline generator in their 5th wheel unit and how satisfied are you with your unit. I am particularly interested in hearing about the EFI model? __________________
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote