View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:43 AM   #11
BigBoy2U

I picked up a Hunter 44260 ($31.00 clearance Lowes #126339) thermostat 7 day (5+1+1), 4 programs per days. It works flawless and I couldn't be happier. It took about an hour to install. You have two blue wires off the furnace those go to one white and one orange wire. If you follow those back they run up the chase (where the water heater paddle switch, slide out controls and scare lights are mounted to) to the ceiling. I chose to cut those wires at the furnace and pulled them back to behind the removable panel that at the bottom of the chase. The factory wires have wire ties that hold them to the ABS vent in the chase so you cant pull them up or really use the existing wiring very easy. I then took out the slide switch panel and that gave a ton of room to get my hands and to snake some 18/2 lamp cord down the chase. Routed it back to the furnace and used pigtail connectors. I then drilled a 3/8" (really I just smacked my magnetic screw driver end through..lol) the luan paneling to mount the new thermostat right above the old one. The Hunter thermostat I picked was just a tad to large to fit between the CO monitor and the 5 button. So I picked above and chose not to move one of the others to make room. I spaced it out so it looked right. I might tend to wonder about the ability to keep the temp even in the whole cabin but worse case is (like my Avion now) I have to set it higher than you would think to make the whole place warm. In my Avion the thermostat sits above a heat duct so it always turns off early. Just seems so odd to have to set it to 74 to get it to 69-70 in the cabin...lol. Anyways you just connect two wires to the thermostat (I used the blue 12V from the furnace to the ribbed lamp wire and connected that to the Hunter + side (side with the jumper) and connected the other wire, for a two wire install. Install batteries and set it. Works great so will any 24v-millivolt thermostat with batteries will work.
2005 DT, MS 36CK3 #1566, 95 F-350, Full Timer
BigBoy2U is offline   Reply With Quote