View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
RickandJanice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchup
Certification: http://law.justia.com/us/cfr/title49/49-6.1.2.3.32.html

It may be as simple as how or where the weight labels are located may not be in compliance.

"(d) The label for trailers shall be affixed to a location on the forward half of the left side, such that it is easily readable from outside the vehicle without moving any part of the vehicle."

David and Vickie, thanks for posting the link to the actual section of the law referred to in the recall. After reading this section, I would have to agree that this could easily be as simple as a label placement or legibility or even missing information. This section refers more to what information is required on the label and its location and legibility than anything else. The majority of label noncompliance issues are usually just something to keep the federal government spending our tax dollars or due to some frivolous law suit! I think we all need to wait on DRV to take action before we try to judge them for something we are not sure about.
RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote