Thread: DRV Quality
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 11:47 AM   #9
MooseSuite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowNnice View Post
I am a full timer 4 seasons and spent two winters in Minnesota and Iowa. I know they have a lot of insulation which is a big help. You still need to skirt. That was the biggest selling point for me. I had no problems with frost or pipe issues. We got ours maxed out with extras and the upgraded suspension and breaks (3 axle). It rides sweet.

I agree with wingnut about the heavy price, but we have a 43 footer and I did not see any to compare. We have been to RV shows since we purchased our unit and I think it is the best out there.

If you purchase one, don't look back, just enjoy it.

I will say that I wish some of the documentation was better on the stereo wiring, yup, that is all I have to say about that. We love our DRV.
The stereo and entertainment centre is really pretty straight forward, once you go through the functions of the Sony tuner by user manual, or get a demo and run thru by a tech. Our 2014 MS has a 2011 Sony tuner. Newer tuners have improved functions.
That all said the wiring is just a mess to detangle, components velcroved to one another, in cramped quarters.
The bedroom speakers carry half of the stereo sound the other half is in the basement speakers. And you can only shut down the upper room speakers. So if you want to listen to your outside speakers only which you can not, you get half the stereo sound, and you have to play all speakers on the system. Its crazy.
The IR block is pretty neat, in that you can run components from the main to bedroom and basement TVs.
Another thing I discovered is that the FM tuner is connected to the roof antenna so if you can get pretty good reception with the TV2 Aux pressed in. Make sure you set up your sony system thru your TV, just turn GUI mode on, on your remote to accomplish this. Again all in the manual.