View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #13
Gemstone

Sounds to me like you will need to run a coax from the "cable in" port on the rear of the Winegard Video Switch in the Entertainment cabinet to the outside of your rig where you can hook up a coax to the park's cable port for your site.
When I had Hughesnet, I had to a get twin coax stub from the modem to the outside, where I connected the feed from the antenna. To do this, I removed the file drawer in the computer desk to gain access to a small hole in the floor (and we wonder why these things are hard to heat and cool) in the front left corner, where I snaked my coax to the outside...these were difficult to place, but once in, were left in position permanently. I used a barrel connector on the coax to connect to the antenna feed. From the drawer space, I drilled an access hole at the rear, into the kneehole area of the computer desk, where I exited thru the grommet at the right rear of the desktop...up the corner thru a hole I drilled in the TV shelf, behind the TV where there is already a hole into the entertainment shelf area. Now you can connect the park cable to the Video switch. Whew, I'm tired all over again.

The stub out from the drawer area comes out very near the rear most cut in the slide out sweep seal...it is a 2 person job to fish the coax thru the floor. I left just enough to connect my feed to the antenna, and just enough so the slide did not crimp the coax when closed. Coax doesn't work well when crimped :( . So, once you have it in place, as long as it doesn't get crimped by the slide, you've got a cable connection, plus your twin Dish coaxes and your batwing.

Good Luck
Gemstone