View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 02:28 PM   #12
stanleyz

I hate this phone. I responded twice and lost both. If you put 8 inch blocks under my jacks on a level lot i would not be able to return the trailer to level once the truck was gone. The blocks dont change the travel available for the ram. If i put 6 inch blocks under the pads on a level site i can only drop the pins a couple holes and i will run out of verticle lift at the same time i would with 4 inch blacks and a 4 hole drop. At leastvthat is how i see it. Now for the real problem which was the jacks not lifting high enough to over come the downward movement of thr inflated trail air and the simulatenous upward of the unloaded truck springs. I tried raising the jacks this morning and they did nothing. I then used a couple bottle jacks to take the weight off the landing gear. They retracted normal and when i extended them they seemed to be working fine and raised the trailer nicely. So I have no idea whats going on. I have to leave in the morning so when my bride gets back from laundry ill hook up one way or the other. I am open for suggestions that do not involve bigger blocks. Thanks for the responses.