Thread: Slide rollers
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #23
wingnut60
Site Team

Little more on the kitchen slide--it is the reverse of the door slide, hydraulic cylinder is on front roller/slide bar and it drives the rear roller.
I believe (don't know for sure) there are 2 (some have 3?) interior rollers that bear weight of slide and roll on the linoleum flooring, since this slide does not raise up to come in. I have seen units with wear marks on the linoleum where the interior rollers come in contact with the floor.

To replace the kitchen slide rollers would mimic what I showed on the door slide.

I still have not buttoned back up the belly cover--thinking this over on how best to do it. Also, I will problably double the insulation in there since there is plenty of room for a 2nd layer of the fiberglass about 6-8" thick.

I would like to take off/replace all the belly cover but not sure I want to tackle that since there are numerous items that are fastenend thru the cover that would have to come off first.

One interesting item I discovered in the belly cover (wish I had taken a pic)--when I first started the work, there was a small gash in the belly cover near and behind where the steps mount. I could see a piece of metal in the opening. After taking down enough belly cover to access the front roller, and pulling the insulation out, I found a BAL wheel chock sitting up there???? APPEARED to have been run over and flipped up thru the plastic cover and just sat there--I have no other explanation for it. I now have a 3rd BAL wheel chock....STRANGE!

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote