View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #10
terry and jo

Terry,

What generator did you purchase? I feel sometimes that I need to get one also. There has only been a few times that one has been needed since we started full timing, but when you need it..........you need it.

Joe

Joe,

Several years ago, we purchased a Honda EU3000IS generator. It was purchased because we always went camping where there were no hookups. It is one that has what is called and "Eco" switch in that when activated, the generator runs as a lower speed and a lot quieter, but will kick up in speed when under a load.

It has electric start as well as a pull rope starter. The biggest drawback to it is that it weighs roughly 150 lbs. When we begin to travel, it will be carried in the back of our truck

The only other real drawback to it is that being a gasoline engine, at higher altitudes it runs richer on fuel and thus fouls the spark plug.

It is enough to run one air conditioner, but if I ever want to run both, I'll have to buy another and "slave" them together. If one didn't need a generator a lot, the Honda 2000's work good and weigh an lot less. Plus, two of those can be "slaved" to double the voltage and amperage as well.

I've heard good reports for both the Honda and Yamaha generators. I don't know about any of the others.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote