View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 11:13 PM   #46
stanleyz

That settles it, I 80 is the problem. That's where mine blew too in South Dakota near BFE. Only the old guys will know where that is. (if you don't know ask your dad) Mine was always aired up properly and should not have blown at less than 5 years old. My TPMS was on and working but didn't have time to alarm. Tread came off in the center and the tire blew.

Blame the customer is what GY reps are prone to do. Great example above. The tire blew because it was under aired and backed into a space and twisted. Excuse me but I thought it was designed for a trailer. They mostly have multi axles and the tires twist. Or the ones that say that airing a tire is akin to brain surgery and you should re-air every time the water in the tanks increases or decreases. How does the customer prove he did or didn't do those things.

I agree the G rated tires were pretty light for the Mobile Suites but I'm almost sure that if we could find it there was a document where GY assured Doubletree that the tires were adequate for the trailer. The H rated tires should not fail like that. I paid top dollar for what I thought was a top tire but I gave the other three away and if offered replacements I would only take them to sell. I am done with GY.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0393.jpg (278.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3146 (1).jpg (216.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3148 (1).jpg (195.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3147.jpg (192.2 KB, 4 views)