View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 09:24 PM   #15
stanleyz

UPDATE Yesterday the jacks would not lift the trailer. I had to lift the frame with a couple bottle jacks to take the weight off the landing gear. Once I did that I was able to retract the landing gear and then cycle it up and down a couple times. Then I put the blocks under and extended the jacks. They lifted the pin right up and I was able to hitch. Today I moved up to MI and when I unhitched I first ran the jacks up and down a couple times and then the jacks worked as designed.

I am thinking that one or more seals in the hydraulic tubes are starting to fail and that by cycling up and down the seals are either getting wetter or being pushed back in to position and that is allowing them to work intermittently. The other possibility is a valve failing. If that's the case I will need professional help. I should have had those landing gear rebuilt this summer but I put it off. If anyone has done the landing gear as a DIY project, how did you remove the drivers side tube. I'm thinking I will have to cut a hole in the sheet metal in the battery room. Help.