View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #27
rdunk

Quote: The only thing that bothers me is not being able to take it out of the truck when not towing, especially when we're staying home for several months".
.................................................. ......
Regarding the weight of the TrailerSaver hitch, any 5er hitch worth having to keep you and your 5er safe, for the Suites weights, is going to be on the heavy side. I picked the TrailerSaver because I wanted a hitch made out of thick steel plate (not bent-up sheet metal).

Capt Ducks, are you going to have a nice tool box in the bed of your truck (ie. a nice storage place for more of your tools, and stuff)?? If you have a long bed, you can get bed boxes wide enough to lay folding chairs flat, or will fit four golf bags, with room to spare - lot of storage space, but takes up a little more of your "truck bed".

Quite frankly, I would not be with out a nice bed storage box for the RV lifestyle. But in our nearly 5 years of fulltiming, I never had a desire/need to remove the TrailerSaver hitch, nor the bed box. With those items in, there is still room to put stuff along the sides of the hitch, and in the rear of the bed. Of course with the tailgate down, there is more room for hauling stuff, when not towing, if needed.

Are you really sure that you will have an actual need to remove the hitch from the bed?? ---------- If I were going to be doing this at a "home", I would simply get a cheap engine type lift to handle getting the hitch out, and for putting it back in - no big deal!!

Robert
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote