Thread: Pin weights
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #30
hdrider

It should be interesting for us if we switch to a 5th wheel. From what info I have our coach weighed 32741 dry and the last time we weighed Within the last year we weighed 36800 so we have added roughly 4059lbs.
Keep in mind we upgraded batteries to 6 AGM's that weigh 90lbs each compared to the roughly 60lbs the old 6 weighed so that's, well not much LOL 180lbs. And we added 8 solar panels to the roof at 39.7lbs so that's 318lbs plus the goodies that go with the system.
At the time of weighing we had about 20 gallons of water in our tank which is about how we travel all the time and the grey & black tanks were empty like normal on travel days.
We added other things like wheel covers, windshield and side window covers ect. but we will have things like that in a 5th wheel to so with that said we probably will push the limits of a 40KSSB4.
We also added a 2nd sat antenna, a DTV Traveler which makes a dome that came with the coach and the traveler up on the roof.
The rep told me it should ship at just under 18,000lbs and have a GVWR of 22,000.
In our current coach we still have over 7000lbs we can carry before we hit our max and I can't imagine how we could possibly do that LOL!!
hdrider is offline   Reply With Quote