View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #52
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Are we talking about commercial tires when used on an RV?
I never gave any thought as to whether my tires were commercial or not as far as warranty and or coverage.

When I purchased my first set of tires I went for the 17.5's as my original rims were only 80 psi rated. Figured if I needed to buy rims I may as well buy what was then the number 1 rated (and priced) tire for my toy hauler. I was choosing between the G-614 or G-114.

Take it for what it is worth, if you have a blowout with either of the 614 or 114 and have damage, and you limit yourself to what the dealer tells you, so be it.

I've listed my personal expeierence, which covered 100% of the damage and 5 new tires from one blowout. I did the work myself so I did not get compensation for my time. But my estimate for the body damage was from a dealer. I was able to purchase the parts and decals and do that myself. In the end I came out ahead.

My expeierence is not unique. I have several friends that have had blowouts with 614's and got exactly the same response I did. Full compensation for the tire and damage. None of them thought to use the "my other tires have the same mileage and age" thing that I did, so they didn't get all new tires.

And in each case the "property damage" division of Goodyear gave the same request, "do not contact your insurance company ,we will cover all the damage".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtntrek View Post
i wonder if some folks have purchased optional insurance / warranty coverage
I guess you could say I did, since I purchased tires that were twice the cost on the competitors's
2020 F-450
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote