View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Texas 250

Bob, you are correct, it is led not lcd, that is what happens when you get older (ha,ha). The first thing I did was to go up on the roof and make sure the condensation was coming out of the a/c where it supposed to. I followed the condensation trail down the roof and it never ran into a mounting support bracket which would be caulked. The trail of condensation ran down a non-compromised part of the roofing. I talked to my dealer and he said that there have been alot of issues concerning condensation on the ductwork in the attic. He says that low air volume and high humidity will cause condensation on the outside of the ductwork. I have never heard of this before and I have had several units. This is why I am asking if this situation has happened to anyone else. The only other possibility that I can think of is that when they cut a round opening in the main ductwork to install the vents, that they didn't seal it properly with caulking and cold air is entering in the hot attic causing a condensation problem on the bottom of the ductwork. This situation would cause cold air to blow out into your attic. We have had this unit for 3 years and this is the first time that we have had this issue.

2001/LariatF250/loaded
2007/RS3/loaded
Texas 250 is offline   Reply With Quote