Thread: Stuck Brakes
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #16
chevman

Re: Stuck Brakes

If your truck is the 2001 the engine is the 8.1 liter engine. Yes even if it is a drum style brake on the fifth it gets very difficult to pull if it has a one wheel locked.
chevman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarlak
It is now 10:14 P.M. eastern Monday and just about 45 minutes ago we freed up the Elite Suite. Between thunder storms my son, and I, and a very nice gentleman who just happened to be a big truck mechanic got the stuck brake caliper freed up. It was the 3rd wheel we checked. and the caliper actually wasted the disc brake.The disc part of the brake was a deep burnt red... must have been super hot to cause that. All wheels turned freely after removing the calipers and we will re-pack bearings when we get back to the coast. Hard to believe that one stuck caliper prevented a 454 Chevy from moving the Suite, but it did. We bled out all the calipers, there are two bleeders for each of the 4 calipers. Must go back in the morning and re-install the last wheel as very severe lightening drove us from finishing.Thanks to everyone and especially the two gentlemen who went out of their way to give me their private number in order to help me get the Suite back on the road. Your ideas and thoughts were invalueable in getting this fix done. I'am grateful to you all. Thank you again and God Bless.