Thread: Mobile or Elite
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #34
clev

I also added a grade 8 to the remaining hole on each side but had to drill it just a little. I also noticed your New York inspection sticker. Texas has always had a law requiring an inspection on anything on the road, but I knew of no one that ever had anything inspected, except for their actual vehicle. Registration was a two part process; get the inspection and have a sticker placed on the vehicle, and then get the registration/renewal and place that sticker on the window. I've been in Texas since ~1972, and have always had RV's and flatbeds, but never had them inspected, was never stopped, questioned, nor ticketed. Then, a few years ago, the law changed. Now, to renew the registration, you must get the vehicle inspected, take the inspection papers to the DMV, and then they will issue you one sticker; a combination of the inspection and the tag renewal. That was financially brilliant. Can you imagine the millions, maybe billions, of revenue that the state started collecting from $7.50 on each inspected vehicle with that plan? But, now, I have two of vehicles and the DRV registered to my LLC in Montana and don't have to worry with it anymore.
'17 36RSSB3///2012 F350 KR, LWB/SRW, Bilsteins, antisway bar, Bilstein steering stabilizer, Airlift air bags, wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, synthetic fluid, KEM, PIP, & Tyrant tunes w/SCR4 programming, Edge CTS gauge monitoring, G37 2017 turbo, ATS Stage I transmission.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote