View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #14
Kevin All-Thumbs

Thanks Stan! To be clear, my rig does not have rear stabilizer jacks, only on the front... so I guess that means I only have 1/2 the problem?? But still a headache. I'm on the road till after Labor Day myself, so planning to limp home best as possible. So far, I can extend the front jacks to unhitch the truck, but when opening the 1st slide the front stabs drop down to the lowest level immediately. Fortunately, I can still raise the jacks back up to level and they'll hold (so far), but in doing so hear a gurgling sound from the pump compartment.... yet I see no frothing in the reservoir tank and fluid level has not dropped appreciably (nor have I seen any fluid on the ground, which is why I suspect the check valve). Meantime, I've purchased a couple bottle jacks for the trip home as a backup. I may need to get your old check valves but will run a test on the ram seals after Labor Day. Will let you know either way. Once again, I can't thank you enough for your original posting and follow-up.
Kevin All-Thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote