View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #26
keithandpenne

Greg and everyone,

Not to hi-jack this thread but since it has come up I wanted to jump in. For more details check out my other thread.

Since installing our Laminate, we have found that the furniture does move more than if it were on carpet. We turn our table upside down on a throw rug but the rest of the items stays as is, dining chairs and recliners. Our table is in the rear of our 36TK3, see photos on other thread. Also, I have a computer table that I leave our speakers and monitor sitting on while traveling.

I do use small sections of carpet under the ends of the dining slide and one in the middle, knap down, which lets the slide come in without touching the flooring.

Before I tore out the old carpet, I had looked everything over closely and had decided what I was going to do and how I would do it. I then called Paul Cross at Indiana Interstate Rv and ran it across him. He gave it a thumbs up and said he would love to have some want him to install it for them as he had always wanted to do one.

Greg, if you see something you want, ask your dealer or have them contact thier area rep. Some dealers do not know what the factory will do or not. Usually, if you ask, the area rep will contact DRV engineers and they will get back to you with an answer and price.

When we ordered our 05 TK3, I wanted a front opening pantry. Our dealer contacted DRV and at that time, their answer was "we have never had anyone ask for one but it is a good idea." The week before ours was delivered, our dealer advised that it was now offered as a $500 option.
Since then, the factory is working hard to comply with our buyers requests.

Good luck in whatever you decide to order.
2005 36TK3 #1855
2008 F450 CC Lariat
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote