View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 08:41 PM   #3
terry and jo

I don't think the Schwintek slide system came along until 2012, but since that is a 2011 and they might have put it on prior to the "new model year," look on the bedroom slide for "rails" at top and bottom with slots in them. That indicates the Schwintek system. If those aren't there, then your slides will all be hydraulic.

If the DRV does not have the Schwintek, then since the trailer has the side bathroom, the hydraulic system for the bedroom slide has a flow diverter that takes the fluid from one source and sends it to two different hydraulic rams on the slide. With that in mind, always try to operate the slide without stopping it when extending or retracting. The flow diverter could be damaged if one stops the slide before it is all the way in or out.

Also, if all the slides are hydraulic, a specific sequence of slide and hydraulic jack operation is recommended to allow the system to "work the bubbles out" of the hydraulics. That sequence is below:

Order of Operation of Slides and Level-Up

Setup (Legs down and slides out):
1. Front landing legs
2. Level coach with level up legs and landing legs
3. Bedroom slide
4. Kitchen slide
5. Door side slide

Close up (Legs up and slides in):
1. Door slide
2. Kitchen slide
3. Bed slide
4. Level up legs
5. Front landing legs

As for the price, for a 2011 and an Elite Suites, I would guess that is a pretty good price. But, since I'm not real familiar with the Elite Suite models, I'd suggest getting answers from more than just me.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote