View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 09:40 AM   #31
porthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
"For short time they added the third axle, only just placed it behind the second axle, causing higher pin weights!"

I asked about adding a third axle and all they would have done is add it behind my back axle giving ZERO relief to my pin weight.

I have seen the rigs with the cut out fenders, NOT a FAN!!! I have to say even with the 5,700+# pin I would prefer it over having the fenders chopped!

And if you saw them up close you would say WTF.
Especially the left side, they don’t even put the cut off back on.
And, they are cut after installation, by what looks like a sloppy sawzall cut, jagged edge and not even plumb.

The fenders were on my list and all DRV did was try and square them up, and on the left side that means they took almost a 1/2” off making them look worse.

I know we don’t have they same models as was pointed out ��, but side by side I’d bet the rigs are structurally about the same.

Having been at the DRV factory 6 times now I would venture to guess all the trailer models in the 40-41’ range are the same frame.

Same with the 3 axle models. I’m not including toyhaulers in the observation.

When you look at frames in the plant, all the main mechanics are in the same locations.
porthole is offline   Reply With Quote