Thread: sofa
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
RodeWorthy

Sofas

Buddy,
I have the 96" sofa in my MS. I ordered it special with the end tables deleted. I would have deleted the sofa all together but I knew the depth was critical. That is one change I wish I had not made. It was a waste of money. That sofa is so uncomfortable to sit on or lay on. This is due to the fact the only support for the cushions is the folded up bed mechanism. I am thinking the sofa is from Flexsteel but have not confirmed that.

I have removed the bed mechanism and am currently installing an inner box that will support the cushions and provide a bit of storage space. If that doesn't work the sofa is going out. I like the idea of a sofa but maybe a large recliner and a corner desk will work better for us.

Vickie/David, you have me intrigued. From what I have measured I cannot see how that sofa is going to go out the door without being dismanled (destroyed). Did you have to do anything to the sofa to get it out the door? The short one can go out standing up and rotating it out the door but the 96" sofa is too long for that. I was advised by the factory the only way to remove it was through the back window. Billr has suggested a Sawzall will take care of the problem once and for all :)

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote