Thread: Slide Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #71
Rockyhud

One more update. When talking with Jesse yesterday, to order these parts, he recommended I let him take the order instead of doing so online, as the website apparently doesn't always get things right. As I recall, he said it happened more so with multiple heavier parts, so I took his suggestion and did so. At the time of ordering he wasn't able to give me a total charge as he was going to try to pack 2 hubs in one box to minimize the quantity of boxes shipped. He also advised me the order should arrive at my home in a couple of days or soon after. Without thinking more about this and the impact it could have on shipping charges, I said that sounded fine.

So, later in the day I checked my bank account online and found the charges pending. I was a little surprised by what I presumed the shipping charges amounted to, increasing the total more than I had initially guessed it would be. So, thinking about this, I think what happened, and logically so, is that Jesse understandably thought since I had been talking with him about a failed/failing hub, that I probably needed them sooner than later, so I'm speculating that he shipped these 2-3 day UPS or FedEx to make that happen. Had I been more attentive to his remarks, I would have advised him that I didn't need them expedited, which I believe would likely have reduced the shipping cost and total cost. So the higher cost than expected is really my fault for not letting him know I didn't need them shipped fast.

So, just my 2 cents on this, if anyone else contacts Kodiak to order these hubs, to get one or more before they're no longer available, let them know whether you need expedited shipping or not.
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote