Thread: Lippert Frames
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #25
rverdlm

OK, let's get back to discussing the issue at hand! What failed and why. Looking at the pictures I see 2 things that have bothered me. One, the weld did not fail. The tubing itself was punctured. The other thing I see is that unlike my frame the bottom of the frame does not look like it is straight across, but rather that it goes up in the area of the spring hanger. Maybe it's some kind of optical illusion! In any case this failure required some extreme forces. People say "my car/pickup never failed" that is a red herring! Designing a frame for an RV is totally different. The designer must comprimise between strenght and weight. Sure they could design a frame that would never fail under any load, but then it couldn't be towed with any pickup. None of us can possibly know how this trailer was towed/treated/loaded. This being the internet anyone can post/say anything. When someone on here says "I never speed, never run over loaded, never went on horrible roads, never ran over a curb at 60 mph, etc we have no way of knowing if that is true or not. We should not get overly exorcize defending the owner or the manufacturer because we do not have enough info to defend either one. It's enough to know that we should check our frames etc on a regular basis and that applies to every company out there because they all have basically the same issues. If you don't believe this you need to get out more and talk to other RVers. Then you'll find that there are frame issues with every company.
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #2338
MorRyde IS 8K axles, LazyBoy recliners, LCD tv
Full time since '96
rverdlm is offline   Reply With Quote