View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 09:25 AM   #44
Motor31

I have had the chance to visit both Spacecraft and New Horizons factories several years ago when we were searching for our RV. I was more impressed with New Horizons looks than Spacecraft but that was more because they look more like the "standard" 5th wheel externally than Spacecraft's units did. Nothing bad just more in line for what you see normally in the RV parks. A little more angular shape at the time and I have no idea if they changed in the almost 6 years since we looked at them.

Spacecraft does however build RV's on a commercial (read as a semi) trailer frame and that was what we were interested in at the time. My thought was to have a really sturdy unit built that could even be "remodeled" later on and since we tow with a retired semi tractor (the Volvo) the weight and geometry of the trailer would not have been a factor for us. It would have actually worked out better due to the use of full air brakes and the ability to put the axles farther back.

Both manufacturers have much to offer in their products and they both have a good reputation. Unfortunately both brands were out of our price range so we didn't go much farther in looking at them.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote