View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 09:32 PM   #23
stanleyz

Thought I would update this for anyone trying to deal with the same problem. Jim is correct above. the new replacement Penguin will not work with the CCC thermostat system. So I would either have to replace both air conditioners and the thermostat with the new CCC2 system. Or, replace the board in the new penguin with a modified control board to dumb down the penguin so it would work with the CCC system. Given all thatI decided to take a shot at the fan motor. I'm no wimp when it comes to working on stuff but removing and reinstalling that fan motor is a chore. Both fans are held on by clamps not set screws like the book says and they are a PITA to get off and a double PITA to put back in. Anyway, I pulled the motor and it had a couple spots where it looked a little burned and a couple black wires. I took a couple pics and sent them to my brother in law who is knowledgeable about motors. He says it is toast so I order a new one. Got it in and everything buttoned up and of course there is no change. The AC will run forever on low but only about ten mins on high. So, I'm back where I was except I'm a hundred sixty bucks poorer and have a lot of cuts on my hands and arms. The only thing left is the control board or more likely the relay on the control board. There are some trouble shooting checks I found on line for that so Ill open it up soon and run the checks. More when I know it.