View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 07:03 AM   #12
RickandJanice

A couple more things to consider when choosing between DRV Mobile Suites and the Augusta Luxe frame is the structural reason for the frame construction. Although the Luxe uses an extremely strong forged I beam frame, like any I beam, it is more prone to twist and flex than a box beam. DRV uses the box beam to reduce flexing and twisting then stacks it to add more internal cross reinforcement to reduce motion even more. Then when it comes to the actual side wall construction, even though both the Luxe and the Mobiles suites have 3 1/4" aluminum framing and studs, they are constructed differently. Luxe welds the joints to reduce movement, however aluminum is a rigid material and when flexed, the welded joints can be prone to cracking. Mobile Suites side wall joints are screwed together with gussets and the screws glued to prevent loosening to allow joints to flex rather than crack; same way aircraft frames are constructed. There are arguments both ways, but just know the difference and choose which one is preferred.
RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote