View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 AM   #5
BigBoy2U

I think I am going to be stuck unit it warm up to run the AC....just hoping that the AC works OK from the module. I know it powers the fans in both zones so my best guess is that the circuit that controls the furnace went bad in the module from being shorted out. Worst case is this...I end up having to buy the whole Duo-Therm module and/or the 5 button wall unit next summer and I also have a new 7 day programble thermostat for the furnace only. I dont really see there being a negative to having the furnace on a seperate thermostat since its not backing up heat strips or a heat pump. If I had either of those I think it would have to be tied into the same controller to keep the AC from freezing up.

I know in some other posts people have indicated they wished the Duo-Therm 5 button was programable for heat in the morning and to turn down at night on its own. You would think that for the cost of this unit to add some simple energy saving programs would have been easy.

I am pretty convinced at this point to complete this tomorrow with a new thermostat and wait and see if the AC works when it warms up. Again worst case I need a new Duo-Therm module to make the AC work.
2005 DT, MS 36CK3 #1566, 95 F-350, Full Timer
BigBoy2U is offline   Reply With Quote