View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 08:43 PM   #13
keithandpenne

Thanks for all the complements! We are enjoying it over the old worn carpet.

Stacy, if you or anyone else want to pm me I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Mike, I know what your saying about being a perectionist, that’s what makes us DRV owners special but, go for it, you won’t be sorry.

Genstone, I did not keep track but I spent the best part of 2 ½ days, mostly engineering how I wanted to do it. I like your idea of all of us getting together somewhere and helping each other doing upgrades.

Bob, None or our rollers pass over the vent grills. Also, I did not put down any underlayment. I just layed it over the plywood flooring, after I pulled at least 1,000,011 staples. I did not take all of the vinyl out but would if I were doing it again to help reduce weight gain. I see no reason why there should be any problem with the rollers and this flooring, I did however glue the joints under the area where the slide rolls on it. You can get to the rollers from outside under the slide by pulling down the rubber seal. I used a scrap of the flooring to shim under the roller attached to the floor.

If anyone wants to do this, pm me and I send you my cell number and will be happy to try and help walk you through it. It is not difficult if you have access to a table saw.

Jump in, do it!
2005 36TK3 #1855
2008 F450 CC Lariat
keithandpenne is offline   Reply With Quote