View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #10
EricHarmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
You WILL most likely be over your trucks GVWR, that freaks some out but that is only there for licensing/insurance purposes.

I highly advise looking closely at Ford and RAM before buying. I Tow HEAVY at 33k plus if I double tow at 35k.. True Medium Duty Cummins runs cool as does the True medium duty AISIN trans in extreme heat and 6+% mountain passes. Our DRV weighs 23k!

An option RAM only has that is simply great is the factory Rear Air Ride. Truck sets nearly level in the alt ride mode. Truck sets exactly the same with or without a load. I have FULL RAWR with a 5,750# pin that your RV will not even come close to. Don't waste your time with your RV's potential weight as both trucks till do just fine with weight concerns.

Price them out with similar options you will get FAR more truck with the RAM.

Go over with a fine toothed come on your RV and demand EVERY problem get's fixed BEFORE taking possession.
If I go with the RAM, I'll definitely get the air ride. That's one of the big draws for me in favor of the RAM. That and the Cummins. And the fact that the price is lower than the Ford. Honestly, just about the only thing I don't like about the RAM is that the interior experience isn't as nice as the Ford. No panoramic sunroof, the leather isn't as nice as it is on the Ford, it's lacking some technology such as BLIS, and so on. But, the reliability/performance/safety of the truck outweighs creature comfort. I'm going to contact another RAM dealer tomorrow that came highly recommended to me, and I'm going to research both RAM and Ford online and test drive both again.

I seem to be vacillating like crazy, but right now I'm leaning towards the RAM again. It's frustrating pulling the plus on an ~$80k purchase when I don't have any prior experience with trucks!

We're going to be extremely picky when we go to get our RV. We're spending a night or two at the dealer's lot at that point, so that will give us additional time to try to go over everything. I'm sure I'll miss *something*, especially as it's our first RV, but I think I'll at least be confident that all the major stuff is ok. I'll even run the AC even though it's cold outside.

2019 DRV Mobile Suites 36 RSSB3
(Tow vehicle has not yet been purchased)
EricHarmon is offline   Reply With Quote