View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #10
Pat L.

Show

USA in a Chevrolet,
Yes we did and it was the worst of the worst. First thing Am.Choice had a sticker in the dining room window that it was a 2011. Found out at closing it was a 2010. Should have walked away then but they had a large non-refundable deposit, as pointed out be the F&I guy. In the beginning they "Bum Rushed" us from all sides with everyone that works there. After we walked out and continued out vacation we were called by everyone and begging to do business. After talking to Chad Olinger, East Dist Rep for DRV and Great man, we allowed them to send overnight contracts to our sons house in La. at Christmas time. Many phone calls and blood pressure meds we came to a deal. Signed contracts and overnighted them back. We were returning to our home in SW Fl. we stopped by to see the unit and get details. They still had the unit on the lot with the door open and showing it. No rugs to catch dirt. They were to have item repaired/ replaced and cleaned up but they were showing it. SWe came home and to return about 12 days later to swap out the two coaches. when we arrived they had not done a thing and were still showing it. Another couple was in the process of righting a contract on it. [Should have let them have it.] Stayed in their RV Park and waited for the installation of items. One item was a new 6 pnl. bedroom door that they installed upside down. [Small pnls to the bottom.] No PDI of any kind. They said that all systems were good to go. Stayed in their park for a few days and tried all equipment. The black water flush sys. had a hole in the water line and flooded the basement, so they had NOT tried all equipment. The list goes on and on to the point I could wright a book. I must say DRV HAS BENT OVER BACKWARDS TO MAKE IT RIGHT!!! They are the best. To bad that they have retained this lousy group to represent their product. We have axle issues, hub bearing issues and now heat pump, slide motor, interior lights, exterior finish and all windows are foggy. So this week it goes into a repair shop and DRV, Lippert, Dometic and the window company can deal with this stuff.
But I will be at the show to inform potential buyers that DRV is a great coach but be very careful on Americas Choice RV.
Sorry for the long post.
Pat L.
Pat L. is offline   Reply With Quote